SIGN IN or REGISTER
USERNAME or EMAIL
PASSWORD

FORGOT YOUR USERNAME OR PASSWORD?
Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Sabres

Photo

*Sabres trade rumors*

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Vanek-Man

Vanek-Man

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 09 October 2005 - 12:49 AM

quote:

Originally posted by: jammer

I have heard 2 trade rumors... 1st sabres trade for Tom Poti... Also sabres trade for Witt.

Gives sources or don't waste our time. No way we are after Poti in my opinion and we don't have what it takes to bring in Witt.

#2 mgeise

mgeise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 09 October 2005 - 10:41 AM

Poti is like a Jeff Jillson clone in a couple of years. If we think that we need a power play quarterback, Poti would fit the bill. He has great size, a hard shot, outstanding mobility, and amazing offensive upside. But, he isn't a great defensive player and he is already 28. That is identical to Jillson, and if we are going to acquire another defenseman, we will need to give a couple up and we should get a young, top-pair D Man.

#3 904L139uy

904L139uy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 13 October 2005 - 09:31 AM

Witt was talked about over the summer. He'd be good here. Maybe Marty would be good with his brother in Wash

#4 exDrunkenSabre

exDrunkenSabre

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 07:53 AM

Witt i wouldnt mind. i dont think the AHL would trade for Poti.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sabres.NHL.com is the official Web site of the Buffalo Sabres. The Buffalo Sabres and Sabres.NHL.com are trademarks of the National Hockey League.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2010 Hockey Western LLC and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.

PRIVACY POLICY | TERMS AND CONDITIONS | OFFICIAL PARTNERS | CONTACT US | EMPLOYMENT/INTERNSHIPS | NHL.com TERMS OF USE | SITE MAP
  Buffalo Junior Sabres Buffalo Sabres Alumni Association Buffalo World Juniors Rochester Americans First Niagara Center Buffalo Bandits