SIGN IN or REGISTER
USERNAME or EMAIL
PASSWORD

FORGOT YOUR USERNAME OR PASSWORD?
Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Sabres

Photo

Trade Miller!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
203 replies to this topic

#1 BillsWarrior

BillsWarrior

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 01:47 AM

I have a feeling the Sabres could pick up 2 star players for miller, and the GAA wouldn't change that much. When we traded Hasek, the Sabres weren't any different. We got nothing in rerurn if i remember correctly. miller is great, but loses big games regularly. We could do just fine with a young, talented guy (Enroth?) and get a couple 5 star players for him. :unsure:

#2 GM4ADAY_Coach2

GM4ADAY_Coach2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,718 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 10:08 AM

I have a feeling the Sabres could pick up 2 star players for miller, and the GAA wouldn't change that much. When we traded Hasek, the Sabres weren't any different. We got nothing in rerurn if i remember correctly. miller is great, but loses big games regularly. We could do just fine with a young, talented guy (Enroth?) and get a couple 5 star players for him. :unsure:

You won't get TWO 5-star players for Miller. What team has two players of that caliber willing to give them both up for him? And do they need a goalie?
Let's see---Miller to Vancouver for the Sedin twins --- LOL

There are too many decent goalies out there at this time. Millers value is on the decending side due to his play this year. Maybe if it was still last year--then maybe!

#3 Squanto

Squanto

Thread Police

• Moderators
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 11:04 AM

Assuming that Enroth can handle being a full time NHL starter based on his few spot starts is absurd.

#4 Jammerz04

Jammerz04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 01:04 PM

Miller's a good goalie but he's nothing compared to what he was. IMO if we do not make a "run" for a cup soon like let's say next year I'd trade the guy. Enroth puts up good numbers. Plus the money Miller makes could be better used at getting us a couple good NHL starter dmen. I'd personally wouldn't mind a trade with the Avalanche involving Statsny and MIller.

#5 Squanto

Squanto

Thread Police

• Moderators
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 01:33 PM

I don't understand why a player can have a single down year, and everyone assumes he's washed up.

#6 BillsWarrior

BillsWarrior

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 02:40 PM

I don't think Ryan is having a down year... I think he's having a Ryan Miller kind of year... low GAA.. spectacular saves.. and losing all the big games!! The games that matter.. he just seems to miss it by that much!

#7 modiusone

modiusone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 02:48 PM

i can see it now...we trade miller and promote Enroth in off season, Enroth does well in a few, but can't keep up witht he heavy workload, Lalime or whoever is back up starts playing, we find ourselves losing ----and then alll ya'll will be hear bashing Darcy for trading miller....

In General I would love it if all you negative nancy's did this little exercise. It's called put the shoe on the other foot. If we lose to team X, we always turn towards - we suck, trade everyone, fire management. We never actually acknowledge that the other team may have done something right. So we either suck or are awesome (when we win, of course when we win it was well deserved and the other team is good and had to fight for it, it's never we only beat them cause they suck).

/Like in the Canes game, We could throw Miller under the bus for letting in goals on bad bounces and lay the blame on miller - or we could for a change say the Canes played hard in our end, they caused lots of turnovers and got in our faces. Easier to say fire everyone tho than to admit the other team did something right.

Is watching the philly game now - tied 3-3 against the best in the conference (possibly best in league) - if we lose this one by 1 goal, what will the sandy vagina's here say? Somehow I doubt that many will say it was a good game and the fliers played hard (if they win). And likewise, if we take the win here, should the philly fans proclaim that their team sucks and everyone needs to be fired?

Put the shoe on the other foot....

#8 BillsWarrior

BillsWarrior

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 05:28 PM

Scott Norwood was a great kicker.. if you remember.. but he choked when it counted. I've noticed Miller does the same thing. I hope he can turn it around when the Sabres meake the playoffs.

#9 GM4ADAY_Coach2

GM4ADAY_Coach2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,718 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 05:45 PM

i can see it now...we trade miller and promote Enroth in off season, Enroth does well in a few, but can't keep up witht he heavy workload, Lalime or whoever is back up starts playing, we find ourselves losing ----and then alll ya'll will be hear bashing Darcy for trading miller....

In General I would love it if all you negative nancy's did this little exercise. It's called put the shoe on the other foot. If we lose to team X, we always turn towards - we suck, trade everyone, fire management. We never actually acknowledge that the other team may have done something right. So we either suck or are awesome (when we win, of course when we win it was well deserved and the other team is good and had to fight for it, it's never we only beat them cause they suck).

/Like in the Canes game, We could throw Miller under the bus for letting in goals on bad bounces and lay the blame on miller - or we could for a change say the Canes played hard in our end, they caused lots of turnovers and got in our faces. Easier to say fire everyone tho than to admit the other team did something right.

Is watching the philly game now - tied 3-3 against the best in the conference (possibly best in league) - if we lose this one by 1 goal, what will the sandy vagina's here say? Somehow I doubt that many will say it was a good game and the fliers played hard (if they win). And likewise, if we take the win here, should the philly fans proclaim that their team sucks and everyone needs to be fired?

Let me be the first to say---------Philly sucks!! That's why we beat them--LOL!!

#10 modiusone

modiusone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 05:46 PM

Let me be the first to say---------Philly sucks!! That's why we beat them--LOL!!

LOL

and to Bill Warrior... Lots of good shops out there for vaginal brushes, I sense that theres some sand in there....

#11 BillsWarrior

BillsWarrior

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 06:18 PM

Modiusone.. I am sure you would know where to find vaginal brushes. I know you are butt-hurt by the truth, but that might be because you have a card-bard cut-out of Ryan Miller in your room.. right next to George Michael. Your name is a bit fruity as well. Anyway.. Miller does play great against teams like the Thrashers, and chokes against teams like the Ruins in the playoffs. I hope he reads this, and learns how to FINISH games.

#12 modiusone

modiusone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 06:26 PM

Modiusone.. I am sure you would know where to find vaginal brushes. I know you are butt-hurt by the truth, but that might be because you have a card-bard cut-out of Ryan Miller in your room.. right next to George Michael. Your name is a bit fruity as well. Anyway.. Miller does play great against teams like the Thrashers, and chokes against teams like the Ruins in the playoffs. I hope he reads this, and learns how to FINISH games.

wow is that sand itchy!

You must have missed todays game, 33 stops against Philly. Yeah, I hear ya, Philly is no different than the Thrashers - I mean they're only the top team in the conference...

Of course, lets not blame our defense for turning over the puck. Or our power play for not scoring. It's all Miller's fault. If only Enroth was in net, everything would have been different!...

#13 GM4ADAY_Coach2

GM4ADAY_Coach2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,718 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 06:40 PM

wow is that sand itchy!

You must have missed todays game, 33 stops against Philly. Yeah, I hear ya, Philly is no different than the Thrashers - I mean they're only the top team in the conference...

Of course, lets not blame our defense for turning over the puck. Or our power play for not scoring. It's all Miller's fault. If only Enroth was in net, everything would have been different!...

Let's not forget that not all was positive today!! Miller did try to stick handle and got it over the boards for a penalty with very little pressure on him.
Sekera got caught jumping up on offense a few times causing 1 goal and some odd man rushes.
And last but not least-----another league leading Short handed goal.

It's the crabs making the sand itch--lol !!

#14 modiusone

modiusone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 06:46 PM

Let's not forget that not all was positive today!! Miller did try to stick handle and got it over the boards for a penalty with very little pressure on him.
Sekera got caught jumping up on offense a few times causing 1 goal and some odd man rushes.
And last but not least-----another league leading Short handed goal.

It's the crabs making the sand itch--lol !!

I try to look at things from the cups half full frame of mind. And to BillsWarrior - I am just kind of sick of all the negativity on these boards. More people post when we lose than when we win. This one got to me cause its all negative even when we win.

And sorry, comparing an NHL goalie to an NFL field goal kicker...that's a stretch and a half....not even apples to oranges...that's like an apples to potatoes comparison.

And LOL at the crabs...

#15 GM4ADAY_Coach2

GM4ADAY_Coach2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,718 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 07:04 PM

I try to look at things from the cups half full frame of mind. And to BillsWarrior - I am just kind of sick of all the negativity on these boards. More people post when we lose than when we win. This one got to me cause its all negative even when we win.

And sorry, comparing an NHL goalie to an NFL field goal kicker...that's a stretch and a half....not even apples to oranges...that's like an apples to potatoes comparison.

And LOL at the crabs...

You're right--there is always hope!! Look how many times Darcy choked at trade deadline!!??
Looks like he finally pulled a rabbit out of the hat with Boyes.

#16 BillsWarrior

BillsWarrior

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 07:35 PM

Point taken about the Norwood comparison, but Miller gave up three today.. and he has a propensity to not finish off the upper-echelon teams. Philly is a high scoring team, and the Sabres do well against that usually. Come playoff time, defense and toughness become paramount, and that's usually when the Sabres lose ground.. and Miller gives up game winners in tragic fashion.

#17 maxkaleta

maxkaleta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 07:45 PM

I'm shocked anyone actually replied on this ridiculous thread.

#18 Jammerz04

Jammerz04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 08:16 PM

Some of your statements are true and some not. In sports you see it everyday; if a team isn't performing to the levels that they should be at then either GM or coach or even both get axed. Same with players that are expected to perform well in a season and doesn't the curtain closes on that opportunity very quickly unless you play for the Buffalo Sabres. Then you get to do whatever for 90% of your contract length. It's a well known fact that Miller's a good goalie but IMO he's not one of the better goalies in the league. Miller's performance other than last season have been sub par. Yes he won lots when we had a pretty stacked team but when we don't? He can't do much... Broudeur most nights carried the Devils back in the day as did Roy and as is Kipper in the new NHL. Miller couldn't carry this team on his back if his life depended on it. That money can be well spent on players like good offensive players and a defenseman that actually plays defense. The Flyers look like Stanley Cup favorites but their goaltending is average at best. But some people on here think we have the best goalie in the league yet we haven't reached playoff status once this year?

You say put the shoe on the other foot... So what if Enroth ends up being the next Kipper of the league BUT we traded him before he became a star because Miller's our $6 Million goalie?

The shoe can go one either foot just depends on if it's right or left....

#19 modiusone

modiusone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 08:22 PM

Point taken about the Norwood comparison, but Miller gave up three today.. and he has a propensity to not finish off the upper-echelon teams. Philly is a high scoring team, and the Sabres do well against that usually. Come playoff time, defense and toughness become paramount, and that's usually when the Sabres lose ground.. and Miller gives up game winners in tragic fashion.

I think what you say here is more a description of the entire team, not just 1 guy. For us right now to get into the playoffs, defense and toughness are most definitely needs things - I think that's on the shoulders of Leopold, Myers, etc, etc...

This is hockey, mistakes are made. What makes or breaks games isn't whether you make the mistakes, its how you react to them. Regardless of how we are scored on (soft goal, good goal, bad bounce) we have to have the determination to answer that goal and then some. It takes a whole team to do it. Miller is an important part of the team, but the rest of the team has to have follow through too...

#20 modiusone

modiusone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 08:48 PM

Some of your statements are true and some not. In sports you see it everyday; if a team isn't performing to the levels that they should be at then either GM or coach or even both get axed. Same with players that are expected to perform well in a season and doesn't the curtain closes on that opportunity very quickly unless you play for the Buffalo Sabres. Then you get to do whatever for 90% of your contract length. It's a well known fact that Miller's a good goalie but IMO he's not one of the better goalies in the league. Miller's performance other than last season have been sub par. Yes he won lots when we had a pretty stacked team but when we don't? He can't do much... Broudeur most nights carried the Devils back in the day as did Roy and as is Kipper in the new NHL. Miller couldn't carry this team on his back if his life depended on it. That money can be well spent on players like good offensive players and a defenseman that actually plays defense. The Flyers look like Stanley Cup favorites but their goaltending is average at best. But some people on here think we have the best goalie in the league yet we haven't reached playoff status once this year?

You say put the shoe on the other foot... So what if Enroth ends up being the next Kipper of the league BUT we traded him before he became a star because Miller's our $6 Million goalie?

The shoe can go one either foot just depends on if it's right or left....

Now it's my turn to say some of what you say is true and some of it isn't...

Though i am a cup half full kind of guy, that doesn't mean i won't point out problems...

Your right, those who should be performing aren't.

Pomminville at 5.3 million
Connoly at 4.5 million
Hecht at 3.52 million
and seeing as tho we're so fixated on the past - Rivet was making 3 million

Would we be arguing about a few soft goals if these guys had been producing offense in the first half of the season? Seriously, if we're gonna talk about people not performing up to their potential, these are the guys we need to address.

Sabres.NHL.com is the official Web site of the Buffalo Sabres. The Buffalo Sabres and Sabres.NHL.com are trademarks of the National Hockey League.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2010 Hockey Western LLC and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.

PRIVACY POLICY | TERMS AND CONDITIONS | OFFICIAL PARTNERS | CONTACT US | EMPLOYMENT/INTERNSHIPS | NHL.com TERMS OF USE | SITE MAP
  Buffalo Junior Sabres Buffalo Sabres Alumni Association Buffalo World Juniors Rochester Americans First Niagara Center Buffalo Bandits