SIGN IN or REGISTER
USERNAME or EMAIL
PASSWORD

FORGOT YOUR USERNAME OR PASSWORD?
Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Sabres

Photo

Sabres on MSG / Dish Network

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

#1 Tiegame

Tiegame

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 11:51 AM

Any ideas if the Sabres will be on MSG again this year? I have Dish Network and they don't carry MSG. Any ideas how I can get the games outside of switching services? :(

#2 BTbird

BTbird

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 02:34 PM

Any ideas if the Sabres will be on MSG again this year? I have Dish Network and they don't carry MSG. Any ideas how I can get the games outside of switching services? :(

I don't have any problems with my online subscription but I work outside of WNY. I think they blackout the games, almost positive. Are you local or no?
Posted Image

#3 thesabredance

thesabredance

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 03:15 PM

I don't have any problems with my online subscription but I work outside of WNY. I think they blackout the games, almost positive. Are you local or no?

I had a nightmare with DISH last year ( I live in Connecticut )

When they didn't have MSG I couldn't get games on DISH EVEN WITH the NHL center ice package. I could only get Sabre road games.

But because New Jersey, the Rangers and the Islanders ALSO are on MSG, I couldn't get Sabre road games if they happened to be playing one of those teams.

It was a disaster. I had to switch back to cable. When I discussed with DISH about 2 months ago, nothing had changed so for TV, I think you are up the creek my friend.

I do believe however that you can purchase games or packages to watch on your computer. I think even in HD. Not nearly as nice as a big screen TV but it gets you the games at least.

Or switch providers. Screw DISH.

#4 Tiegame

Tiegame

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 06:36 AM

I am in the Finger Lakes area (Phelps). I know that NHL Center Ice blacks them out on Dish Network when they are on MSG.
Thanks!

#5 Tiegame

Tiegame

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 06:41 AM

I think your right thesabredance! Screw DISH. I might switch to cable or DirectTV. I am also looking at video streaming on the PC. I have HDMI output on my laptop so I think I can watch it in the big screen. To BTbirds point though, maybe it will be blacked out on the PC too because I am local :angry:

#6 gdameo

gdameo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 03:47 PM

I think your right thesabredance! Screw DISH. I might switch to cable or DirectTV. I am also looking at video streaming on the PC. I have HDMI output on my laptop so I think I can watch it in the big screen. To BTbirds point though, maybe it will be blacked out on the PC too because I am local :angry:

Hey - FYI if you want to switch the cable provider -

Time Warner do provide ALL Sabres games in HD. I had it with them last year.

I moved to a new house and got Verizon Fios and I just found out that they do NOT carry MSG HD and probably won't show all the Sabres games so I called DirecTV and they said they do show all games in HD so I decided to go with them.

So I'll suggest you to go with either DirecTV or Time Warner.

#7 Buffrick

Buffrick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 10:35 AM

If you are a Sabres fan its a no brainer to get Direct TV over the Dish network. No MSG, no me as a customer. Now you had better get Center Ice or you are out

Buffalo Rick

#8 thesabredance

thesabredance

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 10:40 AM

Does Direct TV NOT have NHL center ice??

#9 Jman86

Jman86

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 11:11 AM

Directv has the NHL Center Ice package in case you're worried they may black games out on MSG. I'd inquire if they can add MSG to your stations; they actually blacked it out on our dish by accident and when I called they added it to our package and I'd cancel it every offseason. As previously stated, Time Warner carries games in HD which are pretty impressive with the right television, that includes road games too.

#10 thesabredance

thesabredance

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 07:57 PM

Directv has the NHL Center Ice package in case you're worried they may black games out on MSG. I'd inquire if they can add MSG to your stations; they actually blacked it out on our dish by accident and when I called they added it to our package and I'd cancel it every offseason. As previously stated, Time Warner carries games in HD which are pretty impressive with the right television, that includes road games too.

Is this a regional thing? DirectTV says that they carry MSG in my area. (Connecticut)

As I mentioned earlier, when I had DISH, they did not carry MSG EVEN ON the centre ice package.

#11 stingsabres

stingsabres

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 09:12 PM

I know for me being a die hard Sabres fan, i did not wanna miss a game for nothing. So when i was at work and having access to internet, this site carried every game( or at least 90% of them)

www.firstrowsports.tv/
Bull!! I've been an active fan on this board since March 04' with well over 500 post!!! What gives??

#12 Buffrick

Buffrick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 11:05 AM

Does Direct TV NOT have NHL center ice??

Direct TV has Center Ice and MSG. You will not miss a game. MSG does not black out Sabres games.

Buffalo Rick

#13 skaughtx0r

skaughtx0r

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 11:31 AM

If by streaming it on the PC you mean using NHL GameCenter Live, they black out games by region. If someone is broadcasting the game on TV in your area, it will be blacked out. This is the service I use, I have a mini PC hooked up to my HDTV. It's not an issue for me since I'm out in California. My cousin out here is also using the same thing.

If you're not in a region that broadcasts the Sabres games it works good, otherwise I wouldn't bother.

#14 sweetlou

sweetlou

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 06:34 PM

I know for me being a die hard Sabres fan, i did not wanna miss a game for nothing. So when i was at work and having access to internet, this site carried every game( or at least 90% of them)

www.firstrowsports.tv/

getting ready to watch tonights game thanks to the link. Turned off video sound and listening to wgr broadcast.

Sabres.NHL.com is the official Web site of the Buffalo Sabres. The Buffalo Sabres and Sabres.NHL.com are trademarks of the National Hockey League.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2010 Hockey Western LLC and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.

PRIVACY POLICY | TERMS AND CONDITIONS | OFFICIAL PARTNERS | CONTACT US | EMPLOYMENT/INTERNSHIPS | NHL.com TERMS OF USE | SITE MAP
  Buffalo Junior Sabres Buffalo Sabres Alumni Association Buffalo World Juniors Rochester Americans First Niagara Center Buffalo Bandits