SIGN IN or REGISTER
USERNAME or EMAIL
PASSWORD

FORGOT YOUR USERNAME OR PASSWORD?
Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Sabres

Photo

NBC Sports announcers

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 dcsabresfan

dcsabresfan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 10:58 AM

I'm wondering what everybody thinks of the -VS- announcers? Doc Emeric is proficient with his knowledge, he's refreshing, and he calls the game without bias. Any fan base can listen to him and enjoy the contest. He has a good voice for play by play action and I enjoy listening to him.

Pierre McGuire is akward. I googled "Pierre Mcguire quotes" and I saw there were hundreds of articles about his spavined commentary. Why would he say, " It would take five Buffalo Sabres to take Lucic down"????
I could go on because I started writing his remarks down but all you have to do is google his name. There are drinking games, petitions, a facebook page, a twitter account, and a bunch of you tube videos about him and his dim-witted commentary.

Respect everybody Pierre! Stop making enemies. Your broadcasted all over the country and even on the other side of the globe. Approach every game without favorites and it will be a positive reflection of your professionalism.

GO SABRES!

#2 cruisair

cruisair

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 12:35 PM

We need to start an email write-in campaign to NBC Sports to get rid of Pierre McGuire AND Mike Milbury. That man takes the meaning of "homer" to unprecedented levels. Also, while the league struggles to get the whole concussion/head shot issue under control, all he does is promote a continuation of heavy violence in the game, much to their chagrin & embarrassment.

Maybe it's cathartic for me to yell & swear at my TV when I watch a game on that channel, but I'm sure I can find another way to release any pent up anger/anxiety when they're finally gone!

Sabres.NHL.com is the official Web site of the Buffalo Sabres. The Buffalo Sabres and Sabres.NHL.com are trademarks of the National Hockey League.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2010 Hockey Western LLC and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.

PRIVACY POLICY | TERMS AND CONDITIONS | OFFICIAL PARTNERS | CONTACT US | EMPLOYMENT/INTERNSHIPS | NHL.com TERMS OF USE | SITE MAP
  Buffalo Junior Sabres Buffalo Sabres Alumni Association Buffalo World Juniors Rochester Americans First Niagara Center Buffalo Bandits