SIGN IN or REGISTER
USERNAME or EMAIL
PASSWORD

FORGOT YOUR USERNAME OR PASSWORD?
Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Sabres

Photo

MSG and NHL Center Ice for Dish Network

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Sephkun

Sephkun

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 11:46 AM

I'm not sure if anyone could answer this, but I'm out of the area and was going to order NHL Center Ice to view the Sabres games.  Then I read that DISH Network and MSG are in some battle and so they blackout all MSG games on Center Ice.  Does anyone know if Center Ice has the away feeds all the time for Sabres home games or should i just get Game Center and hook my laptop up to my tv to view the games?

Thanks in advance guys.

#2 xsspeed

xsspeed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:20 AM

Can you get a sports package that has MSG? I get it on DirectV and it covers 70 games and the networks and Hockey Night in Canada cover the rest.

#3 xsspeed

xsspeed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:24 AM

By the way, when I had Center Ice a few years ago I found myself missing RJ calling the games. You get that on MSG.

#4 Sephkun

Sephkun

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:25 AM

Well I'm out of the market area, I live near Pittsburgh.  Dish Network doesn't offer MSG regardless of where you are, so it's not an option.  I read that if you're in the Sabres viewing network, there is no option in Dish Network to see the Sabres games because of the MSG dispute.  I'm not sure about outside the market area.  I'm tempted to just buy it, and if the games are blacked out, then just cancel and get Game Center instead.

#5 xsspeed

xsspeed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:19 AM

I'm in Meadville and when I did have Dish a few years ago the installers did some kind of magic and got me MSG. I have heard that now it may not be possible. I went with Direct this time because of the free NFL Sunday Ticket and the MSG availability. They couldn't ever pay me enough to be a Squealer or Penguin fan.

#6 thesabredance

thesabredance

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,301 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:25 AM

You will not be able to cancel it if you purchase it through DISH.  I had that problem a couple of years when this whole hassle first started.  I had to switch back to cable to get MSG and I essentially had to pay for Center Ice twice.....once through DISH which was useless and once through cable which I could enjoy.

I ended up contacting center ice and complaining to them and after a couple of phone calls and lots of time on hold and explaining the situation multiple times, since many of the people I spoke to didn't quite understand, I was finally able to convince the center ice people to refund the money I spent on the useless DISH subscription.

But it was a major pain in the arse. 

If you want MSG, I would not get involved with DISH in any way shape or form with respect to the center ice package.

#7 grim0959

grim0959

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:53 PM

I just got Directv and when I go to MSG (ch.634) it doesn't say that the game is going to be on that channel. It says it's on NYa3 (ch.638) even though everywhere online says it will be on MSG. Is this just an error in the guide and it will be on MSG? I don't have access to ch.638 even though I pay extra for the Sports Pack with Directv. Anyone else have Directv and know what I'm talking about?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sabres.NHL.com is the official Web site of the Buffalo Sabres. The Buffalo Sabres and Sabres.NHL.com are trademarks of the National Hockey League.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2010 Hockey Western LLC and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.

PRIVACY POLICY | TERMS AND CONDITIONS | OFFICIAL PARTNERS | CONTACT US | EMPLOYMENT/INTERNSHIPS | NHL.com TERMS OF USE | SITE MAP
  Buffalo Junior Sabres Buffalo Sabres Alumni Association Buffalo World Juniors Rochester Americans First Niagara Center Buffalo Bandits