SIGN IN or REGISTER
USERNAME or EMAIL
PASSWORD

FORGOT YOUR USERNAME OR PASSWORD?
Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Sabres

Photo

CURSE OF BUFFALO: Why do we continue to suffer

Halloween pro sports buffalo ny

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 bill_schultz

bill_schultz

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 4,223 posts
  • LocationLand of Fa

Posted 31 October 2013 - 06:49 AM

Why must we continue to suffer?

Are we really cursed?

We have pondered this perplexing subject and have found a possible answer to the WHY. It can be linked to a major event that took place in the city of Buffalo over one hundred years ago.

http://www.buffalocurse.com/

ALSO:

The Buffalo NY Sports Curse. Fact or Fiction?...

I was recently told by a co-worker of mine that there was a curse placed on all Buffalo NY based Major League (currently NHL & NFL) Sports teams. This is why the Buffalo Bills have never won a Super Bowl and this is also why the Buffalo Sabres have never won a Stanley Cup. Consider the championship history our 2 teams have had and this curse legend seems to make sense, at least it does to me. I think the fact that Buffalo once had a NBA team here and lost it applies to this curse as well. I dont consider indoor lacrosse, football, soccer or triple A baseball to be major league sports teams.
Supposedly this curse was initiated by a lone Indian runner who was participating in a sanctioned foot race in the Buffalo area. This race was held in the early part of the 20th century,
somewhere around the 20's and 30's.
Legend has it that this lone Indian runner, who was racing against a field of white/caucasian competitors, was purposely tripped and couldnt finish the race. Upon being tripped the Indian immediately placed a curse upon on all the major league sports teams in the Buffalo area stating that they would never win a championship unless they were Indian owned and operated.

http://voices.yahoo....845.html?cat=14

AND:

There's more than cheering and tailgating at Ralph Wilson Stadium, something that was here long before the stadium ever existed. It's under the stadium lights and behind Gate Seven; The Sheldon Cemetery. And it's been there since the early 1800's.

"Mr. Sheldon and his wife lost a child at three weeks of age and that child was the first person to be buried in this plot," said Sue Kulp, Orchard Park Town and Village Historian.

http://www.wgrz.com/...ry-At-The-Ralph-

Happy Halloween!

No more Goat
No more Slug
Just Buffalo
and Sabres
and maybe one day
a Stanley Cup !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sabres.NHL.com is the official Web site of the Buffalo Sabres. The Buffalo Sabres and Sabres.NHL.com are trademarks of the National Hockey League.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2010 Hockey Western LLC and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.

PRIVACY POLICY | TERMS AND CONDITIONS | OFFICIAL PARTNERS | CONTACT US | EMPLOYMENT/INTERNSHIPS | NHL.com TERMS OF USE | SITE MAP
  Buffalo Junior Sabres Buffalo Sabres Alumni Association Buffalo World Juniors Rochester Americans First Niagara Center Buffalo Bandits